Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Post about Toast

Brunch is easily my favorite meal.  Eggs mixed with endless combinations of delicious add-ins, bacon, AND you can eat pancakes and french toast (i.e. dessert) at 11 a.m. and no one will judge you!  Love it.  I have a pretty routine list of restaurants where I know I'll enjoy a delicious brunch when I come to Charlotte.  But today, I went to Toast in Dilworth for the first time thanks to a recommendation from a girlfriend.  And it was AWESOME!  They have stuffed french toast.  STUFFED french toast!  Here is a pic courtesy of foursquare:


 
Soooo I pretty much went there thinking the stuffed french toast was an auto-order.  I actually ended up getting an egg white scramble with spinach, mushrooms, gruyere and roasted turkey.  Plus a mountain of chunky hashbrowns (usually not my fave shape of hashbrown but amazing nonetheless).  It was flavorful, fluffy and filled me up without making me feel like I just ate a small child.  Rob got crabcakes with poached eggs on top (!!!) Just incase your mouth isn't already watering:
 
 
There it is.  Toast will obviously be receiving my business again. and again. and again.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment